I have written and produced several stories for different media across the globe. Below are some journalism works. You can also read more of my articles here at www.geraldbusinge.com where i blog about new media tools and journalism.
Challenges and Opportunities of reporting and communicating agricultural and rural development issues in Uganda
How Uganda small farmers are benefiting or not from the Purchase for Progress initiative launched by WFP in Uganda.
How to tackle food shortage The New Vision
An interview with Alex Rwego of the Uganda Commodities Exchange on how their warehouses can and are to be used to ensure food security in Uganda.
Contact us if you want any articles, reviews or writing research of any kind. We are experienced in all Multimedia forms including video, audio and graphics.
A review of a research report on the 1.5 Points Scheme introduced by government of Uganda to give girls entering university 1.5 extra points in order to bridge the gender gap in higher education. Published 29th November 2004, The New Vision
When the UPDF Bill was about to be passed by Parliament, no one seemed concerned that women in the army would be suspended if they get pregnant. Published February 28th 2005 in The New Vision
Research and evaluation works by Gerald Businge
- Use of New Media tools in the the fight against corruption, UMDF, 2012
- The Marriage between new media and traditional media- Ultimate Media, 2012
- Frontiers of New Media Competition in Uganda- UMDF Media Review
- African Media Should think seriously of online and mobile, UC Berkeley, 2010
- Challenges and Opportunities of Reporting and Communicating Agriculture and Rural Development Issues in Uganda (Ultimate Media Consult 2009)
- Enhancing Income growth between Small and Micro women entrepreneurs in Uganda through ICTs (Women of Uganda Network) August 2008.
- The Information sources, information needs and concerns of rural women in Health, good governance, education, gender and Livelihoods (Women of Uganda Network) April 2008.
- Understanding Communication needs of organizations, UMC, Kampala, 2006
- Market Vs Editorial concerns: the Media and its Social responsibility, UMC, Kampala 2007 (yet to be published)
- An analysis of the role of ICTs in helping farmers improve their agricultural performance: case study of Apac rural women farmers (CTI) 2007
- The role of ICTs in women’s economic empowerment: A review of CEEWA-Uganda’s ICTs project (Council for Economic Empowerment of Women of Africa-Uganda Chapter- 2005)
- Writing better Feature stories, UMC, Kampala, 2005
- Winning advertising, (UMC Research Division), Kampala, 2005
- Writing better Broadcast stories, UMC, Kampala, April 2004
- Factors affecting newspaper readership in Uganda, UMC, Kampala, 2005
- Successful Public Relations, (UMC Public Relations Division) Kampala, 2006
Some of the Websites i have designed/produced
Weinformers.net Uganda Multimedia news and information
Ultimate Listing Ultimate listing for products and services
Agriculture Show Online platform for agriculture news, products and services
Ultimate Multimedia Training– Ultimate multimedia training services
Ultimate Media Consult (U) Ltd – our company website www.ultimatemediaconsult.com
Kabarole Research and Resource Center www.krcuganda.org
Uganda Oil & Gas- An news and information website on Uganda’s petroleum sector
New Informers– a multisite (websites network) for people to easily sign up and run free websites with premium themes and plugins
The Catholics Network– A Social Network for Catholics
The Campus Network– A social network for learning and teaching (development still in progress)
Development Links Consult www.devptlinks.org
Watts Promotions www.wattspromotions.com
Weinformers Answers Question www.weinformers.com
Weinformers Reviews www.reviews.weinformers.net
Also directed and produced the Mato Oput Documentary
Mato Oput, the Acholi Traditional Justice system is being proposed to solve the crimes committed during the war in northern Uganda by Lords Resistance Army leaders who were indicted by the International Criminal Court.